Monday, April 12, 2010

A resource of resources


Looking for community resource information that is accurate, up-to-date, local, and Spanish translated? Here is a "resource of resources" for anyone looking for youth or family services in our community:

pomonafamilyresources.org

Service categories include education, counseling, medical, transportation, housing, recreation, and volunteer opportunities.

The form at the top of the page asks for a lot of demographic information. But, it looks like you can just skip that information if you're not comfortable providing it. That said, providing the requested information will result in more pointed resource recommendations (including distance from a particular address to each service returned in the search).

I'm really impressed by the number of resources collected here. My next step is to e-mail this web address to a friend who is looking for mental health counseling for a young man in his neighborhood.

2 comments:

  1. I find it mildly ironic that after plugging in generic information and selecting "sports" as my need, one of the first services that pops up is soccer (AYSO) in Claremont. Pomona has several youth soccer organizations and even AYSO based in the Philips Ranch area, but the city is sending me to Claremont.

    I'm not being critical, just wanted to share my amusement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That's pretty funny. I guess outsourcing is all the rage these days ;)

    ReplyDelete